Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Working New York





When David and I first decided to come out to New York I wondered what I would do with my time while we were here. Turns out we came at the perfect time and I had so much to do! First off, my friend Sarah of Honey of a Thousand Flowers was doing a wedding in New York. It was the biggest wedding she has done to date, so it was perfect that I was there (with nothing to do) so I could help her! It was so fun to see her in action. Let me tell you it was no picnic. I literally think blood, sweat and tears went into this wedding. If any of you think being a florist would be so fun, easy and glamorous, think again. After all the hard work, the flowers really were so lovely and made the wedding a success. Also, I have never been so tired after that day.








 Then it also happened to be the National Stationary Show this last week. Sycamore Street Press, who I used to work for, was at the show. David and I were both able to help them set up their booth and help with the show a bit. Again, I am so glad that I was able to help them! I was so glad to see the show and all the wonderful booths there. I feel really lucky to see the behind the scenes of the show. Hopefully one day I will be at the show and will have learned from this time! 

*photos from the stationary show are from Oh So Beautiful Paper

Both of these experiences were so fun. It was such a great way to get immersed into the New York way of life. I was forced to jump in, live and work right away and I am so glad it happened that way! By the time we were doing sight seeing and fun things, we felt like real New Yorkers.

1 comment:

Sarah Winward said...

Blood, sweat, and tears did go into that wedding. I am so grateful for your help, I couldn't have done it without you. Its nice to have some of my friends know what my job is REALLY like.