Friday, December 31, 2010

we statements

When David and I were dating we broke up here and there. See the deal was that I was in love with him. He was the most amazing person that I had ever dated. The only thing was that he was so different than me. He likes guns and motorcycles and I'm not really into either. I like running and cooking and he prefers not to do either. I like heart felt, good old classic movies, he likes high action shoot 'em up movies. He listens to the complete opposite type of music than me. I was so worried that we were too different to be in love. All the couples I knew would start every sentence with "we" this and "we" that. I started to wonder if we would ever have "we" statements. Then I realized why I love David so much. He allows me to still be me and he loves me all the same. I didn't need to worry about conforming to a certain person who liked certain music, movies and style. It was when I recognized this that we decided to get married. In our sealing, the sealer said to us "Don't try and change each other, just make each other happy". David has done just that. He never tries to change me, he just makes me oh so happy. And now we have plenty of "we" statements and some how they mean more now than they would have then.





we have been married one year. we are happier than ever. we can't wait to see what life holds for us.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary and to an eternity more!