Wednesday, May 26, 2010

sunday sunday sunday

Sunday is my absolute favorite day of the week. It is the one day that I know that I don't have to work, I don't have to clean, and I don't have to do homework. I am guaranteed to spend time with my family or with David's family. I get to go to church and reconnect with my spirituality that I try and stay connected with during the week but don't always do so. We recently had a super Sunday.
It started off with church as usual, and then we went to my parents house.
For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to make an apple pie, but not just any apple pie, I wanted to make Mile High Apple Pie, one of Martha's recipes.

So my Mom, being the gem that she is agreed to help me.
The recipe calls for 14 apples. fourteen. peeled and sliced.
We were doubtful we would even be able to fit it all in the pie pan, but in the end we did it.

And it was scrum. didily. umcious.
We finished the evening with a little Mario Kart on the wiiiiiiii.
My mom killed it.

Even Sam likes a little wii fun here and there.

The best part of the weekend?

My delightfully funny brother was in town. woo woo.


1 comment:

Libby said...

Just barely read this post. Thanks for the pie. I'll miss your cooking and just all around having fun with you when you're gone over the next six months :)