Saturday, February 11, 2012

chocolate chip cookies, a classic but a goodie


 I promised awhile ago that I would share my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, so here it is! Keep in mind that I like my cookies soft, kinda chewy, not a lot of chips and not too sweet. So if you like that too then you will love these! Also, I am kinda ashamed to share this because it has shortening in it and processed sugar. Two things I try not to eat, but these are my weakness.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. Shortening
1/2 c. Butter at room temperature
3/4 c. Sugar
3/4 c. Brown Sugar

Cream those together, but don't over blend

2 Eggs
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla

Add those ingredients and stir til incorporated

2 1/2 -3 c. Flour 

Add 1/2 c. at time. Dough should be sticky but not so sticky that it sticks to your fingers a lot. 
Real clear I know.

Add as many milk chocolate chips as you would like. I usually do about 3 handfuls. 

I use a mini ice cream scoop to make the dough balls. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 mins. 
And like my Dad always says "If they look done, they are burned". So don't leave them in too long. 

Hope you all enjoy them as much as David and I do!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try them!