Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a moment

As much as I don't like the idea of taking a fitness for life class, I did really like my teacher. I feel like I know how to work out pretty well, I eat very healthy, yada yada yada. So going into this class I was hesitant. However, my teacher Clay Anderson was pretty cool. He was in his 50's and first and foremost was a coach. I could tell he had a good head on his shoulders. About the third week of classes I came to class and the T.A. told us that he had had a heart attack. This in and of itself was hard to hear. Then on Thursday as I was walking to the gym to go running I saw his obituary posted on the bulletin board. I can't tell you how much this has effected me. I kept thinking of the movie Temple Grandin when she says about people who had passed away "but where do they go?" It was such a testimony builder to me, that I know where they go. Life is so short and you never know what God has in store for you. This was a reminder to me to live each day the best I know how. Coach Anderson, you will be missed.

You can see Coach's obituary here.

No comments: