Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's the story...


David and I have been in the same home ward since we were 15 years old. We knew of each other and that was about it. Since we went to different high schools we never really hung out together. David served a mission in Brazil and had his homecoming on the same day that I had my farewell to serve a mission in California. He claims now that he knew he wanted to date me when I got home, and I can't help but believe him because that is exactly what he did. A few days after I returned home he showed up at my house to not ask me out, but to offer me a job as a tutor for his Mom's school. Of course this was all part of his plan to date me. I accepted the job right away. He kindly offered to pick me up everyday since I didn't have a car. So every day we rode together to and from work. I immediately started falling for him. I loved how he interacted with the kids in the tutoring program, how kind he was to me, and how patient he was with me in learning about my new job. A few weeks went by and he still hadn't asked me out. I was convinced he wasn't interested in me. Then one day he asked if he could come with me to my grandparent's house to play games. He was so wonderful to my grandma and grandpa and immediately fit in with my family. On our way home we stopped to see a movie since I had yet to see one. It was during the movie that he finally made a move and held my hand. My heart was pounding, and I loved it. That is what started it all. Shortly after that we had our first kiss, and we were together every minute we could be. After 7 months, with lots of ups and some downs, we realized that we want to be together every minute, of the rest of our lives. We decided to get married! At first we were planning on May or August, but then decided that we didn't want to wait. So in 3 short weeks we will be Mr. and Mrs. David and Aly Sharette, and the two happiest people in the world!

4 comments:

LLM said...

Dear Aly,
How exciting! Congratulations! I hope David knows what a LUCKY man he is!!!! Thank you for the invitation to your reception. I wish I could go, but alas....You will always have my best wishes, and my love...
Love,
Linda Dickson
linda@faithfull.us

Sarah said...

Update! We need an update!

Mikey said...

Michael Sharette likes this.

Anonymous said...

Aly Cain Sharette thank you for filling me in. I love your story. Miss you a lot. Are you back now? Love the pictures of you in Maui. Hope i get to come visit you in Utah sometime soon

T